Elections: Audit Committee
The Audit Committee of the Union, which is comprised of at least two GA
Members, is the institution that reviews and supervises all of the institutions of the Union.
Any GA Member Union can be elected by the General Assembly to serve on the Audit Committee. The Audit Committee or Audit Organ shall serve for 2 years from its election by the GA.
- A member of the Board will not serve simultaneously as a member of the Audit Committee;
- Individuals who provide paid services to the Union and/or is employed by the Union, cannot be elected to serve as a member of the Audit Committee or the Audit Organ;
- Individuals convicted in a final judgment of an offense under sections 290 to 297 and 414 to 438 of the Penal Law, 5737-1977, or of another offense which, in the opinion of the Attorney General, carries moral turpitude, cannot be elected to serve as a member of the Audit Committee or the Audit Organ.
- To examine whether the institutions of the Association fulfill their duties and whether they operate efficiently and fairly;
- To submit a report and recommendations to the GA;
- The Audit Committee or Audit Organ shall comply with the provisions of the Law, and specifically with the provisions of section 30 of the Law.