Five Seats are open on the WUJS Board
Board members will serve for a two-year term and attend at least six meetings annually.
The Board is the highest Israeli and regularly active authority. It will have all the authority and responsibility granted to the Board by the Amutah Law, as modified by this Constitution in accordance with the Amutah Law. They will not be entitled to any payment for their services other than reimbursement for expenses actually incurred.
- All Board members will be Individual Members who are students, as defined by the WUJS Constitution.
- Board members will plan to be present in Israel for more than 250 days each, during each year of their tenure.
- The Board members will be elected at the annual Congressional meeting for a two-year term.
- A Board member may not be an employee of WUJS or any Member Union or a constituent organization thereof, nor will he be entitled to any payment for his services other than reimbursement for expenses actually incurred.
- Every Board member will have one vote at the Board.
The Board’s authority and responsibility will be:
- All the authority and responsibility granted to the Board by the Amutah Law, as modified by the WUJS Constitution in accordance with the Amutah Law.
- To keep records of Member Unions and their particulars.
- Signatory rights, in concert with other signatories.
- To attend all Congressional meetings.
- To sign all Congressional meeting protocols.
- To sign all annual reports designated by law to the board, as well as the annual tax Report.
- The reports so designated include the audited financial statements, the worded report and declarations to the Amutah Registrar.
- To open bank accounts.
- To appoint signatories for bank accounts.
- To co-opt vacancies in the posts of Internal Comptroller and/or Audit Committee, Chairperson,
- Treasurer (if one serves), and partial vacancy in the Board itself.
- To establish Committees.
- To ratify any Chairperson or Treasurer duties delegated to others.
- To demand and receive all and any information from the Chairperson within a short time of the demand.
- To demand the Chairperson to take action it sees fit within a short time of the demand.
- To collect information and/or perform action instead of the Chairperson if he does not comply with the Board’s demand.
- To take over the responsibilities and authorities of the Chairperson between the resignation or dismissal of a Chairperson and his replacement.
- Any other duties the Executive or Congress sees fit.
Individuals interested in running for election must submit their candidacy via email with a cover letter and CV to email@example.com. Applications for elected positions must be submitted to the Steering Committee no later than November 15, 2018 at 11:59 PM IST.